Re: License of .spec files

> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> > IMO, this section attempts to implement additional clauses on works
> > having been derived from other party's GPL'ed works - I therefore think
> > the CLA is incompatible to and non-applicable to GPL/LGPL'ed packages.
>
> The CLA is only applicable to original work.

In many cases, spec files are original works of a package maintainer.

In most cases, spec files modify the original works of an upstream.

In all cases, spec files are recipes to produce derivative works (binary
rpm, src.rpm) from an "upstream source".

=> In case of GPL'ed sources you can not apply the CLA.
=> The CLA endangers package maintainers by shifting them onto muddy
ground.