Re: License of .spec files

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 09:57 -0400, David Cantrell wrote:

> I think it should be consider part of the complete source code for GPL projects.
> That aside, the spec files _are_ the instructions for the distribution, if not
> intertwined and confusing.  But they document what we do to construct the
> distribution.  Should that collection of knowledge not be licensed?

My argument is that the CLA covers the licensing of original works in
Fedora by CLA signers. However, since the CLA permits sublicensing, you
could easily say that your spec files are under the GPL. As long as the
license that you choose for your spec file doesn't limit the rights
granted by the CLA, you're fine.

~spot