Re: build fails without reason, bug in plague?

Dan Williams wrote:
On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 19:00 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
Marek Mahut wrote:
Hello maintainers,

Today, I received an error that my build failed, but after deep look on
logs I found that there was no real reason why this build failed [1].
Adel Gadllah told me that it isn't the first time it happens.

Thoughts?

[1]
http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-4-epel/35730-cvsweb-3.0.5-2.el4/noarch/

Please add any of these you find to the following ticket.

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/125

The error comes from the _watch_mock() function in builder.py on the
builders; if somebody could add some logging to the plauge-builder RPM
and then deploy it, that would help:

    def _watch_mock(self, good_exit, bad_exit):
        (aux_pid, status) = os.waitpid(self._childpid, os.WNOHANG)
        status = os.WEXITSTATUS(status)
        if aux_pid:
+           self._log("_watch_mock(): PID %d exit status %d\n" % (self._childpid, status))
            self._childpid = 0
            if status == 0:
                self._done_status = good_exit
            elif status > 0:
                self._done_status = bad_exit

            self._copy_mock_output_to_log()
            self._start_cleanup()

Dan

Thanks dan, I've added this to the builders and it appears to be working. All people with this failed sucess please resubmit and let us know how it goes.

http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-5-epel/35767-nagios-2.9-1.el5/i386/job.log <-- working example.

   -Mike