Re: This list isn't working out. Or, why do we have fedora-devel and fedora-maintainers

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:29:43 +0100
"Jonathan Underwood" <jonathan underwood gmail com> wrote:

> In recent weeks a lot of mailing list traffic I would have expected to
> come to this list has gone to fedora-devel. People seem confused as to
> what should be discussed where wrt to these two lists. Heck, in recent
> weeks, it's not clear to me. Can we either get a lot more disciplined
> about pointing out when people are using the wrong list or (this would
> be my choice) kill off fedora-maintainers.

I'm +1 for killing -maintainers.  Now that we have
fedora-devel-announce people can, if they wish, not get all the "noise"
of fedora-devel and instead just get the announcements.  Since
fedora-devel-announce postings go to fedora-devel-list as well, you
don't have to subscribe to yet another announce list if you don't want
to.