This list isn't working out. Or, why do we have fedora-devel and fedora-maintainers

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Tue Aug 21 19:30:41 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 21:16 +0200, Jima wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> > Can we either get a lot more disciplined about pointing out when people
> > are using the wrong list or (this would be my choice) kill off
> > fedora-maintainers.
>
>   +1, death to -maintainers. :-)
>
>       Jima
>
>   (Err...the list; put down the pitchforks.)

I am also for the death for the -maintainers as it is now, as I
completely don't know sometimes, what is the difference between
-maintainers and -devel. But I think that maintainers should be a subset
of -devel, i.e. -devel is for all development discussion, while
-maintainers should be only for package maintainers and should be only
about packaging issues, which is currently not and in the current state
of things it would really be better to kill this list...

Martin