Re: RFC: retire bazaar

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> Joe Orton wrote:
> > The bazaar build is broken because of the glibc open() changes, and now
> > also because of the neon 0.27 API changes.  Patches for these are
> > trivial but the maintainer has orphaned the package.
> >
> > If anybody wants to take on maintenance of this package I can supply
> > patches; otherwise I think we should retire it.
> >
> I would like to see it retired.  AFAIK upstream has stopped development
> of bazaar 1.x in favor of bzr (will be bazaar 2.x)
>
> The naming has been a source of confusion for people wanting to try out bzr.

Maybe we could keep it for the F8 lifetime at least?! Users then would
have some more time for migration to bzr.
Upstream we still use baz. (I will discuss the migration issue with the
upstream developer anyway.)

So if you agree, and nobody else wants to take it I can get the ownership
(for a while).
Joe, patches would be very welcome! ;-)

Zoltan