RFC: licensing issue with lft

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Aug 24 17:16:18 UTC 2007

I picked up the lft (Layer Four Traceroute, http://pwhois.org/lft/)
after it was orphaned a while back.  I am not familiar with what
happened to the package before I picked it up or how it made it into
Fedora in the first place.  Now there's a new version out, but also
the license (the "VOSTROM Public License") is strange and had never
been officially checked for acceptability in Fedora.  The package also
requires a rebuild to pick up the buildID changes.

So, since the feature freeze is Tuesday, should I:

Leave License: tag as is (even though it's not listed in the
acceptable list) and push updated version to rawhide?

Leave License: tag as is, push a plain rebuild to rawhide?

Assume the license is non-free and remove the package from rawhide?

 - J<