Re: How to call default browser

Marcin Zajączkowski wrote:
Hi,

I have a package where default browser to be used by a program should be
defined in a Makefile. There is firefox typed by default, but it's
always annoying when an app calls not your preferred browser.
There can be default browser defined in Fedora, but how can I call it
from a command line (I searched in alternatives, but without success)?

xdg-open from xdg-utils might be useful. You can include a local copy.

Btw, there is no default *graphical* text editor. What do you think
could be defined as that?

Gedit

Rahul