qemu optflags

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Feb 1 12:37:35 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 09:31 +0100, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> > And as for the meta-discussion here, I think it's important to realize
> > that there's always going to be some package that's a legitimate
> > exception to just about any guideline.  As long as this stuff is
> > accepted by review (or by committee where necessary) and properly
> > documented in the specfile then everything should be fine.
>
> +1
> No need to start an argument when things out of guidelines are done
> for a (documented) reason

Just to avoid any doubt: I'd like to reiterate what I already told Till
in private -- he was entirely _correct_ to raise the question here,
since I was overly terse when I closed the original bug and _didn't_
provide fully coherent reasoning. Hopefully I've done that sufficiently
now, and if anyone disagrees with my decision then they have enough
information with which to argue.

I'm entirely unoffended by being questioned -- what _would_ offend me,
on the other hand, would be to ever hear that someone _refrained_ from
asking questions because they thought I might react poorly.

--
dwmw2