core review status?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Feb 2 03:07:32 UTC 2007

Hi,

What's the status with the Core review?

How are contributors supposed to proceed?

ATM, at least to me, the situation is pretty unclear.

Particular problems:
- Warren's Core Merge reviews point into cvsview, i.e. into RH's
internal cvs. This is very inconvenient to use.
Is this CVS publicly directly accessible?

- Unlike with ordinary reviews there are no src.rpms to check.
How are non-redhatters supposed to get the files? rawhide?

- I am suspecting Warren's flag'ed reviews to loose mails.
Amongst the flood of mails it had triggered (unless I am missing
something) I am receiving fragments seemingly stemming from comments on
package reviews.

- I am seeing strange "state changes", e.g. owners closing their own
reviews, review requests with "FE-NEW" and some without.

To cut a long story short: Is there a document/wiki/README describing
how this is supposed to be continued?

Ralf