core review status?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri Feb 2 07:31:30 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 21:14 -0600, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
>> On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 04:07 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>> Particular problems:
>>> - Warren's Core Merge reviews point into cvsview, i.e. into RH's
>>> internal cvs. This is very inconvenient to use.
>>> Is this CVS publicly directly accessible?
>> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.fedora.redhat.com:/cvs/dist co <modulename>
>
> Ah! /dist/ that's the trick!
>
>>> - Unlike with ordinary reviews there are no src.rpms to check.
>>> How are non-redhatters supposed to get the files? rawhide?
>> Once you have the code checked out, you can "make srpm" or "make <arch>"
>> in the branch subdirectory.
>
> Thanks
> 	Ralf

That may solve this particular question, but I for one would still very
much like to see the whole process documented in  a clear step by step
way, much like the FE contributers guide.

(Unlike others?) I haven't had the time to follow all the threads abouts
this and I would still like to help. Also I believe that one should NEED
to read all the threads to be able to contribute, thus we need some
documentation on this.

Regards,

Hans