rawhide unfrozen

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 21:28:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 10:48 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 22:16 -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > This evening I "unfroze" rawhide.  This is because the F7 Test1 bits are
> > finally on their way to the mirrors.  Tonight's rawhide spin will pick up all
> > the new packages that have been built over the past week~ during the freeze.
> > This will make rawhide newer than test 1, for those of you thinking about
> > doing an upgrade.
>
> And, as a reminder, remember that the freeze for test2 is scheduled[1]
> for February 20.  This is also the date for both the feature freeze and
> the string freeze for the release.  After this date
> 2) Strings shouldn't change in packages where the translations are done
> by the Fedora community (this is packages with their upstream source
> currently on rhlinux.redhat.com)

/me meekly raises hand:

...with the exception, I would think, of fedora-release-notes, for
obvious reasons.  I'm pretty sure you intended that meaning, but if
someone has any related check/validation script or tool in the works
using this policy, that would be an exception.  I have no idea what sort
of tool that might be, but, you know, just in case. ;-)