Broken deps in FC6 Updates

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Feb 4 14:52:56 UTC 2007

On Saturday 03 February 2007 18:08, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> BuildArch: noarch
> ExcludeArch: ppc
>

> [In comparison, the Extras push script examines the src.rpm for the
> ExcludeArch tag and doesn't push such noarch packages to the excluded
> target repos. That is something that has been said is done for Core,
> too. IIRC, either jkatz or sopwith has said that.]

I'd really like to start discussion again on stop calling these
things 'noarch' when they aren't 'noarch'.  If your package doesn't work on
other arches, it can't be noarch.  It either needs to no-op on other arches,
or not be noarch.  I'm really tired of having to play games with digging at a
sourcerpm to figure out what arches a package is suitable for, since this
information isn't carried forward in the resultant rpm.  We either need to
fix rpm so that this information is carried forward, or just stop calling
these things noarch.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora