Process Change: Package Reviews with Flags

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Feb 5 21:32:36 UTC 2007

Not commenting on the review process, I haven't reviewed (ugh) it.

Michael Schwendt (bugs.michael at gmx.net) said:
> The locked down owners.list makes it impossible to fix typos in it.

Is this *really* a problem? Considering I fixed a typo that was there
for over 30 days with it open, not sure that it's the biggest concern.
Obviously, 'don't break it' is the answer; the best solution is to
get the package db up and running.

> Resurrecting dead packages has become more
> difficult, too, especially for new contributors. Too many steps and
> points of failure that can easily become an unpleasant experience for the
> new contributors.

What's the failure point here now?

As for the import process, we can change how that works - instead
of CVSSyncNeeded, for example, we could just, after APPROVED, assign
the review bug to the CVS admins to do the magic, at which point they
assign it back to the owner to do the initial import/build. Is this
a better interface for users?

Bill