Process Change: Package Reviews with Flags

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Feb 6 01:28:49 UTC 2007

HdG> I fully agree this new process is a PITA. The old process worked
HdG> very well, what problems where there with the old process that
HdG> this new process is trying to fix?

The fact that bugzilla creaks, groans and ultimately dies when faced
with a blocker bug having 1500 dependencies.  The previous system just
doesn't scale to all of the core review stuff.

Now, we could just treat the core review as an anomaly and go back to
the old system for old reviews.  Or we could move forward with a
refinement of the new process that works better.  Either way is fine
with me as long as it works.

What's annoying is that people whining because something has changed.
We've tried something new because we needed to.  The whole thing is a
work in progress.  Deal.  If we never try anything new, we'll never do
worse but we also won't ever do any better.

 - J<