Process Change: Package Reviews with Flags

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Feb 6 02:53:50 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 19:28 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> What's annoying is that people whining because something has changed.

People are complaining, because
* things are being changed without them having been informed in advance
* things are being unleashed apparently prematurely/without sufficient
prior testing
* there was/is no real documentation
* questions stay unanswered, when trying to dig for understanding.
* there are no apparent benefits to reviewers.
* things appear broken.
* the infrastructure this "Merge Reviews" require, is unusable
(cvs/cvsview) rsp. broken (acls).

> We've tried something new because we needed to.
Here you say it: "trying" == "is not guaranteed to be a success",
"temporarily breaks things".

>   The whole thing is a
> work in progress. Deal.  If we never try anything new, we'll never do
> worse but we also won't ever do any better.

You are performing a kidney transplant without anaesthesia, without the
patient's informed consent and are pushing aside the relatives when
asking questions.

Ralf