disclaimed ownership of core packages

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Tue Feb 6 14:38:02 UTC 2007

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 08:20:06PM -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> CI> Hi folks, It seems there are a few cases of disclaimed ownership
> CI> of core packages, e.g.: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/226558
>
> Hmm, no replies to this and I didn't see the question raised during
> fudcon.
>
> I think there shouldn't be any question that such packages should be
> kept out of F7 until they find maintainers.  If there's nobody to
> review the package, perhaps as we get closer to release without seeing
> a maintainer for those bugs, we should just close them and block
> something analogous to FE-DEADREVIEW that doesn't actually exist.
> Perhaps FE-DEADREVIEW can be overloaded for this.

I actually ran into this for a package I'd like to take over myself.
Jeff orphaned jfsutils... so I'll claim it.  But now what?  After the
review, do I bring it into Extras CVS?

Oh, and I was planning on reviewing this but now I'm taking ownership.
I guess I need another reviewer.  Any takers? :)

josh