Problems with core review

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Tue Feb 6 19:20:04 UTC 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:04:07AM -0800, Christopher Stone wrote:
> Can you please whammy Joe Orton with it?  There are several problems
> I've had with this person.

I am very happy to make changes to all the packages I maintain to ensure
they meet the packaging guidelines, and greatly appreciate the efforts
of yourself and others in doing that.  I know many of the Core packages
are a mess, so it really is great that you guys spend the time helping
us clean them up.

But I will always resist arbitrary changes which lack technical
justification (or are just plain undesirable); the fact that such
changes are proposed as part of the Review Process does not make them
sacrosanct.

Regards,

joe