Impending FLAC update warning: rebuilds required

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Wed Feb 7 00:17:31 UTC 2007

On Tuesday, 06 February 2007 at 02:58, Michel Salim wrote:
> 2007/2/5, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at greysector.net>:
> >> mkvtoolnix
> >
> >That one is mine.
> >
> >> muine
> >> scummvm
> >> stratagus
> >> xine-lib
> >> xmms-flac
> >>
> >> If your package is on this list, and the new FLAC does not work with
> >> you without further workaround, please follow-up at the Bugzilla
> >> entry. I'll ask Matthias if he can provide a test SRPM.
> >
> >Do you have an updated flac spec somewhere?
> >
> Matthias has put them up (URL is also at the Bugzilla entry):
> http://people.redhat.com/mclasen/flac/

rpmlint complains loudly about them:
W: flac-devel summary-ended-with-dot Static libraries and header files from FLAC.
W: flac summary-ended-with-dot An encoder/decoder for the Free Lossless Audio Codec.
W: flac unversioned-explicit-obsoletes flac-libs
W: flac summary-ended-with-dot An encoder/decoder for the Free Lossless Audio Codec.
W: flac incoherent-version-in-changelog 1.1.2-27 1.1.3-1.fc7
E: flac obsolete-not-provided flac-libs
E: flac obsolete-not-provided xmms-flac

mkvtoolnix builds fine against it though.

Regards,
R.

--
Fedora Extras contributor  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DominikMierzejewski