RFC: Review with Flags (Version 3)

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed Feb 7 09:24:43 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede wrote:
> Warren Togami wrote:
>> 3) NEEDINFO is used to avoid changing the Assigned pointer when fixes
>> are needed.
>>
>> Fedora Review Flag States
>> =========================
>> fedora-review BLANK (Not under review at all!)
>> fedora-review? (I want a review)
>> fedora-review- (rejected, needs work, set NEEDINFO to person who needs
>> to fix it)
>> fedora-review+ (APPROVED)
>>

> Why all the ping-ponging between ? and - during the review and all the
> ping-ponging between ASSIGNED and NEEDINFO. In FE we've never done this
> ping-ponging and we've never felt a need to introduce this IMHO this are
> just unnecesarry mouse clicks. NEEDINFO and fedora-review- may be a good
> idea if either the person requesting the review or the reviewer are slow
> to respond. But in my experience there is a bit of quick discussion
> between the two and the whole review process is finished with a day or
> two (for normal packages) I really feel that all this changing of flags
> and status is just unnecesarry mouse clicks.
+1

NEEDINFO or fedora-review- should be used when the new information from
the submitter or the reviewer who should respond is lacking, and currently
I use NEEDINFO status for this purpose. For review request which is rather
active and in which the submitter and the reviewer are communitating well,
NEEDINFO or fedora-review is not needed. Usually I set the status as
NEEDINFO when the new information lacks for one week.

Mamoru