Theoretical: CVS Admin with Flags

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Wed Feb 7 16:04:49 UTC 2007

On Wednesday, 07 February 2007 at 15:47, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 February 2007 03:42, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > I really dislike needing to ask a CVS admin in for anything, IMHO this
> > needing a CVS-admin for initial import is a serious regression, can't we
> > think of some other way to get this fixed? I never liked the manual
> > requesting of CVS-branches and now things have been made worse.
>
> You're going to need _some_ sort of admin interaction before you can build
> your package for any collection.

You didn't before. Granted, it was only for devel, but still, it was easy and
convenient.

> The package has to be added to the build database, and that requires some
> level of admin task.  If that task is rolled into preparing the CVS tree
> for the import of your package, then all the better.

Can we please keep things no more complicated than they were? Initial import
into devel should not require any admin interaction. If it does, why do we
need sponsorship? Getting a contributor account was difficult enough, I don't
want to jump through hoops with every new package!

Regards,
R.

--
Fedora Extras contributor  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DominikMierzejewski