ACL's, Why a Big Deal?

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed Feb 7 18:38:28 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> 2) For newly added packages, pkg.acl exists by default.  If you as an
> owner don't want such protectionism, just cvs remove it.

My opinion is, at least the sponsor of the person who maintains
the package should have the right to access the package by default.

Then: is the idea that to creating a rather big group including
sponsors, cvs admin, etc... and to give some more free access right
for the people in the group (I remember someone proposed before)
is gone away?

Mamoru