Problems with core review

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 19:21:21 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 12:51:49PM -0500, Doug Ledford wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 20:34 +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
> >   This number/filename mapping
> > trick doesn't scale well as anybody who has maintained spec files with
> > more than a handful of patches knows.
>
> Bullshit.  Maintain the kernel rpm for a while.

Great example.

$ grep -c RPM_SOURCE_DIR kernel-2.6.spec
16

Seriously guys, I've said it two times already: if you want me to
repaint my bikeshed, first convince the central packaging committee on
high that your particular choice of bikeshed colour not mine must be
mandated across the distro. Then I'll happily tow the party line;
otherwise I'll keep my bikesheds in yellow.  http://yellow.bikeshed.com/

joe