Process Change: Package Reviews with Flags

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 19:53:29 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 14:47, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> So why isn't that fixed already?

Because CVS does this as an external program that can be ^c'd.  Many people
have said they'd look into fixing it, nobody has.

[snip]

> > You don't.  Once your package is approved, appropriate people are
> > notified and setup the location so that you can do your import and build.
> >  What is so difficult about this?
>
> Oh really? Since when? The Contributors page still says (after my package
> is APPROVED):
>
> ---cut---
> Identify Yourself as the Owner of the Package
>
> Place your requests in the 'New Package' section at:
>     * Extras/CVSSyncNeeded
> with:
>    1. The name of the package
>    2. Your bugzilla account e-mail address
>    3. A list of who, if anyone, should also be CC'd on bug reports
>    4. A pointer to the review ticket
>
> This will be used to set up the proper records in the owners database,
> which is used for access to build the package, bugzilla population, and
> other features. Once this is done, you may then import the package.
> ---cut---
>
> This wasn't necessary before (I could just add myself to owners.list) and
> THAT's what I have issues with. Now I have to wait until someone manually
> add something I used to be able to add myself. And I'm NOT notified when
> this is done (or am I?). And no, subscribing to CVSSyncNeeded changes is
> NOT an option.

It looks like we will use the review bug to manage this, so you will get
notification in the review bug when the necessary footwork has been done on
the serverside that will allow you to import/build your package.  You had to
wait anyway for somebody to make the branches, now you wait the same amount
for somebody to create the files so that you can import, and set up the
buildsystem to allow you to build the package.  owners.list is going away in
favor of an actual database, used by the buildsystem and other tools.  The
use of this database for other tools, such as generating ACLs, means that we
can't just let every tom, dick, and harry edit the thing.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora