$RPM_SOURCE_DIR (Was: Problems with core review)

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 20:24:12 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 14:12 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> Is there a technical argument for using SourceN: and %{SOURCEN} tags
> instead of $RPM_SOURCE_DIR?  I'm afraid I don't know it.

There is one - the number is not mnemotechnical. So when you have really
big number of Source files you will have pretty big problem to recognize
which number belongs to which file and you'd have to always look up in
the (potentially very large) spec file. Maybe there should be some macro
so it could be possible to do things like:

Source%myfinefile: myfinefile.xxx

and then refer to it as %{SOURCE%myfinefile} later.

--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb