Process Change: Package Reviews with Flags

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Wed Feb 7 23:22:39 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 16:44:21 -0500
jkeating at redhat.com (Jesse Keating) wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 February 2007 15:39, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> > JK> Because CVS does this as an external program that can be ^c'd.
> > JK> Many people have said they'd look into fixing it, nobody has.
> >
> > I think it would be more accurate to replace the second sentence
> > with:
> >
> > Many people have said they'd look into fixing it, but those that
> > have have been unable to manage to actually fix it.
> >
> > I have certainly tried using my own repo, and couldn't fix it.  I
> > know someone else tried some things on the Extras CVS server and
> > also had no lock.
>
> Correct.  I didn't mean to imply that nobody looked at it.  Poor use
> of phrasing on my part.  People HAVE looked and have been unable to
> fix it.  The problem is just really hard.

I'm not a CVS guru, but what about just moving the email sending to the
commitinfo file instead of the loginfo file (After the acl checks).

commitinfo is run before the files are commited, so if they stopped it,
then they would have no commited files. It might be that there is less
info available at that point, but I would fine also with 2 emails...

user foo is about to commit bar/baz.spec bar/baz.patch
then
user foo commited bar/baz.spec bar/baz.patch with changelog: "whatever"

I'm probibly missing something, but won't that work?

kevin