Pros & Cons of ASSIGNED pointer and NEEDINFO

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Thu Feb 8 00:23:05 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> It seems that bouncing of the ASSIGNED pointer is a polarizing issue.
> Some people like it, some people hate it.  NEEDINFO is a little less
> polarizing, although some people hate to bounce too.

I haven't followed all the discussion but it seems to me that

> "ASSIGNED to reviewer, use NEEDINFO as necessary"

looks more consistent with common bugzilla process and usage.

Furthermore for "ASSIGNED to next actor" one has to keep
copying'n'pasting the other person's address to reassign to them which
can get pretty tedious for quick interchanges IMHO.  With NEEDINFO it is
easy just to set "from Reporter" or "from Assignee" etc.

Jens