Tcl packaging guidelines

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Feb 8 00:58:34 UTC 2007

TK> OTOH, the recent discussion[1]_ regarding python-py[name] vs
TK> py[name] hinged around making it easy to guess the names of
TK> language bindings so tcl-tclxml would be the most consistent in
TK> this regard.

Note also that we have perl-perlmenu, perl-pmtools, perl-Perl-Critic,
perl-Perl6-Bible and perl-PerlIO*.  Perl modules are consistently
named with a "perl-" prefix regardless of the name of the module.  PHP
modules are also consistently prefixed as well.  (The three packages
named starting with php and having no prefix are actually
applications.)

However, we also have rubygems and not ruby-rubygems, although this
may be an actual application instead of a module or extension.

 - J<