Pros & Cons of ASSIGNED pointer and NEEDINFO

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Feb 8 07:47:48 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> It seems that bouncing of the ASSIGNED pointer is a polarizing issue.
> Some people like it, some people hate it.  NEEDINFO is a little less
> polarizing, although some people hate to bounce too.

I think you're mis representing the amount of people liking it. YOU seem
to like the bouncing idea, other then that in the maillist discussion
I've only seen people disliking it in varying degrees.

Just having ASSIGNED set to the reviewer and leaving it at that has
worked well for FE for years. I understand that the tracker bug doesn't
scale hence the flags. But what problem with the old way of doing things
are you are trying to fix here? Maybe if you can explain that, then
things become more clear to the rest of us.

Regards,

Hans