Process Change: Package Reviews with Flags

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Fri Feb 9 00:14:52 UTC 2007

> On Wednesday 07 February 2007 14:47, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > So why isn't that fixed already?
>
> Because CVS does this as an external program that can be ^c'd.  Many people
> have said they'd look into fixing it, nobody has.

Okay so I haven't looked into this but does CVS honestly have no way of
hooking something in to send the emails, entirely server side so that
the client can't mess with it, period? Because anything less is pure
crackrock.

If the tools are crackrock, the solution is to fix the tools, not
destroy the community by breeding paranoia and distrust.

Are we or are we not switching to hg or git? I'm pretty sure they can
get this right, if CVS can't.