Problem with CVS ACLs

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Feb 12 18:03:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

Bill just created the "libmp4v2" CVS module for me, where I added all
the files I wanted to the various branches, and removed the pkg.acl
file. But when I went ahead and did a "cvs commit" for all the changes
at once, I got this :

[dude at python3 libmp4v2]$ cvs commit
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining FC-5
cvs commit: Examining FC-6
cvs commit: Examining devel
thias is the package owner - allowing ACL changes for libmp4v2.
**** Access denied: thias is not in ACL for rpms/libmp4v2
cvs commit: Pre-commit check failed
**** Access denied: thias is not in ACL for rpms/libmp4v2/FC-5
cvs commit: Pre-commit check failed
**** Access denied: thias is not in ACL for rpms/libmp4v2/FC-6
cvs commit: Pre-commit check failed
**** Access denied: thias is not in ACL for rpms/libmp4v2/devel
cvs commit: Pre-commit check failed
cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!
cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvsPZljJI

The mail to the list about ACLs mentions that if a maintainer
doesn't want any ACL restrictions for a package, he just needs to remove
the pkg.acl file... hmmm... so why is this happening?

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6
Load : 0.69 0.58 0.60