Heads up for login managers

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 23:39:54 UTC 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 02:57:00PM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Sure! I'm not sure he listens to me though. Another point is that all
> this effort happens upstream (for better and worse) so I'm not sure how
> much we can rely on SELinux.

For Solaris and BSD you have revoke in various forms, for Linux right now
you have SELinux and no other real choice but prayer (which isn't the
recommended solution to security problems). The revoke side is going to be
easier to sort out in the kernel and win those arguments when we have
a real clear user of it too

Alan