RFC: CVS Admin with Flags (Version 1)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Tue Feb 13 01:08:52 UTC 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:38:38 -0500
wtogami at redhat.com (Warren Togami) wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >> 4) CVS Admins get e-mail about fedora-cvs flag.  All context of the
> >> review is within the bug itself, so they can easily read all
> >> details about the package and verify approval validity.  The Admin
> >> then creates CVS directories and sets owner.  Sets fedora-cvs flag
> >> to BLANK. 5) Owner checks in and builds.
> >
> > Sounds great.
> > How about also having the admin close the bug when they set the flag
> > back to BLANK in step 4? One less thing for the submitter to forget
> > to do.
> >

> I don't think this is a good idea.  CVS admins should not get too
> deep into the package process itself.  Closing a bug should be an
> explicit decision of the owner/reviewer pair when the job is truly
> done and verified.

I suppose, but my thought was that once the package is added to CVS and
owners.list (or the package database) there would be a bugzilla
component for it. If it failed to build or had other issues, a new non
review bug could then be filed against it to track it...

Doesn't matter too much, just thought it could streamline the process
some more.

> Warren Togami
> wtogami at redhat.com

kevin