VOTE: CVS Admin with Flags (Version 3)

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Feb 13 01:44:38 UTC 2007

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> +1 from me.  The only question I'd have is whether it would be
> feasible to use Fedora account system IDs instead of email addresses
> for those who don't want to expose their addresses.  (Those who insist
> on using a different address in bugzilla and the account system would
> just have to deal, of course.)

I agree it would be superior to use the FAS account names everywhere,
and have services that need something different to need to deal with it
somehow.  (Currently we have a tiny hard-coded e-mail to e-mail mapping
in the ACL handling code.)

This however would be another change to existing code that is live.
With other big changes happening, I don't know if it is wise to change
this many things at once?

A counter-argument however would be... does only owners.list -> CVS ACL
use the Bugzilla address and nothing else?  If so, why not change it now
before this new policy goes live.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com