VOTE: CVS Admin with Flags (Version 3)

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Feb 13 01:49:12 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
>> +1 from me.  The only question I'd have is whether it would be
>> feasible to use Fedora account system IDs instead of email addresses
>> for those who don't want to expose their addresses.  (Those who insist
>> on using a different address in bugzilla and the account system would
>> just have to deal, of course.)
>>

> I agree it would be superior to use the FAS account names everywhere,
> and have services that need something different to need to deal with it
> somehow.  (Currently we have a tiny hard-coded e-mail to e-mail mapping
> in the ACL handling code.)
>
> This however would be another change to existing code that is live. With
> other big changes happening, I don't know if it is wise to change this
> many things at once?
>
> A counter-argument however would be... does only owners.list -> CVS ACL
> use the Bugzilla address and nothing else?  If so, why not change it now
> before this new policy goes live.

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/owners/?root=extras
I suppose also that it is too easy for e-mail addresses to be harvested
from places like this too.

I'll look into how difficult it would be to reverse the mapping and use
FAS names in owners.list instead of Bugzilla.  This might help to simply
some things... although it would still need a hard-coded mapping hack in
order to allow for the few people who have e-mail addresses that don't
match.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com