VOTE: CVS Admin with Flags (Version 3)

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Feb 13 02:20:58 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:

> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/owners/?root=extras
> I suppose also that it is too easy for e-mail addresses to be harvested
> from places like this too.
>
> I'll look into how difficult it would be to reverse the mapping and use
> FAS names in owners.list instead of Bugzilla.  This might help to simply
> some things... although it would still need a hard-coded mapping hack in
> order to allow for the few people who have e-mail addresses that don't
> match.

notting pointed out further complication... like initialcclist can (and
does in some cases) contain addresses that are not FAS accounts, or are
not even people.  (Zombies!)   There is also the possibility that there
are other scripts that we don't know about using the current owners.list
format.

Given too many complications and unknowns, I think we should wait until
the PackageDB before moving to this.  We have too many other things to
work on in the short-term to make such an invasive change now.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com