Updates co-maintainership proposal (was: Re: Plan for tomorrows (20070215) FESCO meeting)

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Feb 15 09:22:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 06:59:24AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 14.02.2007 23:06, Brian Pepple wrote:
> >/topic FESCO-Meeting -- Encourage co-maintainership -- all, thl
>
> FYI, I reworked the last proposal and some FESCo members looked over it
> and seemed to agree with it so far, too. See
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/EncourageComaintainership
> for details. Please comment.

This seems good to me, although this is a bit long.

I have one criticism, I think that for some packages co-maintainership
is not needed and a loss of time. On maintainer for all the branches,
including EPEL is not an issue for those packages. For examples in the
packages I maintain there is asa which hasn't changed since 1994, or
libsx - I don't even know if there are actual users for thoses packages.

--
Pat