Updates co-maintainership proposal (was: Re: Plan for tomorrows (20070215) FESCO meeting)

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Thu Feb 15 11:00:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 06:59:24 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> FYI, I reworked the last proposal and some FESCo members looked over it
> and seemed to agree with it so far, too. See
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/EncourageComaintainership
> for details. Please comment.

"at least three maintainers" looks like an awful lot in case of simple
packages.  I know it's hard to define "simple", but still...

"Maintainers should work towards getting at least one co-maintainer."
I don't like this too much.  I think the burden should be placed on
would-be maintainers to strive to be accepted as co-maintainers, not on
overloaded maintainers to be forced to go hunting for co-maintainers.

CHF 0.02