Updates co-maintainership proposal

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Feb 15 11:19:30 UTC 2007

On 15.02.2007 12:00, Christian Iseli wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 06:59:24 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> FYI, I reworked the last proposal and some FESCo members looked over it
>> and seemed to agree with it so far, too. See
>> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/EncourageComaintainership
>> for details. Please comment.
> "at least three maintainers" looks like an awful lot in case of simple
> packages.  I know it's hard to define "simple", but still...

Remember, that sentence starts with "should" -- there is no must there,
so its okay if there are simple packages that have only two maintainers.
But if there is someone else that is interested in becoming a
co-maintainer then he should be accepted normally.

> "Maintainers should work towards getting at least one co-maintainer."
> I don't like this too much.  [...]

The reasons why I put that there -- co-maintainership is there for a
long time already, but not much used yet, and FESCo wanted to encourage
it more.

And, btw, you missed to quote the second part of that para:

[...]The goal is to have that process mostly automated -- e.g. let a
script parse the owner informations and send out mail list now and then
that contains a list of the packages that do not have enough
co-maintainers yet.[...]

CU
thl