Updates co-maintainership proposal

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Feb 15 11:21:16 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 06:59:24AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> FYI, I reworked the last proposal and some FESCo members looked over it
> and seemed to agree with it so far, too. See
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/EncourageComaintainership
> for details. Please comment.

I stil see little of any value in this piece of prosa. Isn't FESCo's job
to make procedures and guidelines to govern the project? Not write
opinion articles for fwn?

Don't get me wrong co-maintainership can be a good thing, and we might
need some infrastructure to facilitate this. What we do not need is a
bunch of useless rules dictating people to search for co-maintainers.

I maintain a 100+ packages and would love to have one or more CAPABLE
co-maintainers, but in my experience a lot of FE contributers have
pretty sub standard (my standard that is) packaging skills and allowing
them to modify my packages will only create more work not less.

Regards,

Hans