non-working Fedora mirrors

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Thu Feb 15 15:10:05 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 03:27:46PM +0100, Florian La Roche wrote:
> Hello Matt,
>
> here a list of mirrors which fail to work today. Some might be temporarily,
> but many others could be removed from the lists on
> http://fedora.redhat.com/Download/mirrors/.

Yes.  Honestly, it's part of the big mirror management redo I've been
working on, code at
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/mirrormanager and an
overview of the process at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring.

Manually fixing all the existing text lists is terribly
time-consuming, so instead, I spent way too much time writing code to
do it automagically. :-)

With a few more tweaks, it'll be ready for testing use in parallel
with the Test2 release I hope, we'll put it to torture test with
Test3, and then the F7 release should go smoothly.  When we're
confident it's working, we'll switch the methods for the existing
releases to use this new database too.

Thanks,
Matt