Updates co-maintainership proposal (was: Re: Plan for tomorrows (20070215) FESCO meeting)

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Feb 15 16:52:40 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis (fedora at leemhuis.info) said:
> On 14.02.2007 23:06, Brian Pepple wrote:
> >/topic FESCO-Meeting -- Encourage co-maintainership -- all, thl
>
> FYI, I reworked the last proposal and some FESCo members looked over it
> and seemed to agree with it so far, too. See
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/EncourageComaintainership
> for details. Please comment.

Too long. I'd argue that any proposal that needs a *digest* is too long
by definition. It's longer than the packaging guidelines!

Moreover, we *already* have co-maintainership - we have co-maintainers,
we have upstream CC'd on bugs, we have commits going to all with access; I'm
not sure we need 4 pages describing what we already have.

Bill