CVS Flags: Clarifying flag statuses

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Feb 15 20:56:48 UTC 2007

FESCO voted to ratify the fedora-cvs procedure which gets rid of the
CVSSyncNeeded and Wiki from the package process, which is good.

Before we do this however, I hope to brainstorm about what the flag
statuses mean.

fedora-cvs BLANK
Default status, means nothing.
fedora-cvs ?
I want CVS admin attention to deal with the request that I wrote in a
Bugzilla comment, preferably at the same time fedora-cvs was set to ?.

The states that are unclear are...

fedora-cvs -
fedora-cvs +
notting brought up the good point that setting + at least sends an
informative e-mail indicating that a request was done, so the
reviewer/owner knows to go ahead with importing and building.  Aside
from this however, is there any value to +?

Should - be used at all?

Perhaps in addition to writing a comment like, "You did not provide
enough information to do this CVS request."  Or "Your request was bad
for some reason, like changing owner for a package that you clearly do
not own and I don't see permission from the owner or a FESCO decision."

Any opinions?  Is this too confusing?  If not I will just go ahead with
the above ideas and update documentation where needed.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com