changing the format of owners.list

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Feb 15 22:49:41 UTC 2007

Josh Boyer wrote:
>> Hence, if you currently have co-maintainers listed in initialcclist,
>> you'll want them moved to the owner field. Feel free to notify
>> cvsadmin-members at fedoraproject.org, or set the review bug to fedora-cvs?
>> in bugzilla, and we'll get this taken care of.
>
> And all of this is going to magically work with the ACL system recently
> put in place?  As in, for new packages both maintainers will have commit
> access, etc?
>
> I'm assuming it's not going to break ACLs for current packages, but I'm
> curious about new ones.

I don't know if this decision was changed since it was made, but as I
understand it...

- Old packages have no pkg.acl file by default.
- New packages have a blank pkg.acl file by default, meaning only owners
may make changes in that package.
- owners.list listing multiple owners has a dual purpose: Who to allow
to checkin when a pkg.acl exists, but also who is allowed to modify pkg.acl.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com