RATIFIED: CVS Admin with Flags (Version 4)

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue Feb 20 10:38:08 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:32:16 +0900, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
>
>> Warren Togami wrote:
>>> FESCO voted to ratify this process during last Thursday's meeting.  I am
>>> posting this on record to reflect the minor changes to the flag
>>> treatment.  Next I will update documentation.
>>>
>>> Changes since Version 3:
>> Well, again I ask the same question:
>>
>> Some questions.
>> How does this work with the renamed packages or packages of which
>> the maintainer changed several times from initial?
>
> Plus: the original package submitter and reviewer(s) receive bugzilla spam
> when old closed tickets are reused for requesting ownership changes.

And.. Thorsten asked the case in that the package was imported from
fedora.us or freshrpms.net, in which the original bugzilla ticket
does not exist.

Moreover, writing a request on the old bugzilla ticket changes the
status of "Last Changed" meaninglessly, which may cause some problems
when someone wants to use this information.

Mamoru