RATIFIED: CVS Admin with Flags (Version 4)

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Feb 20 16:57:28 UTC 2007

Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
> Warren Togami wrote:
>> FESCO voted to ratify this process during last Thursday's meeting.  I
>> am posting this on record to reflect the minor changes to the flag
>> treatment.  Next I will update documentation.
>>
>> Changes since Version 3:
>
> Well, again I ask the same question:
>
> Some questions.
> How does this work with the renamed packages or packages of which
> the maintainer changed several times from initial?
>
> * Well, there may be the case that the name of the package changed
>   several times (this especially happens for new packages)
> * Maintainers also change.
> * After some long time, the "current" maintainer askes, "well,
>   where is the initial review request?" This becomes a trouble
>   especially when the previous maintainer is missing, some people
>   (like sponsors) puts the package into "orphaned" category,
>   and then some other fedorabugs member takes over the maintainership
>   (and at the time the name of the package changed from initial).

Well, how do we currently handle those cases?  Not in any organized and
easy to track way.

Perhaps if existing review tickets are used, with comments about what is
  being done in conjunction with fedora-cvs set to ?, then we at least
have a semi-organized paper trail as maintainers change, or package name
changes, etc.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com