RATIFIED: CVS Admin with Flags (Version 4)

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Feb 20 17:02:53 UTC 2007

Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:

>>> Well, again I ask the same question:
>>>
>>> Some questions.
>>> How does this work with the renamed packages or packages of which
>>> the maintainer changed several times from initial?
>>
>> Plus: the original package submitter and reviewer(s) receive bugzilla
>> spam
>> when old closed tickets are reused for requesting ownership changes.
>>
> And.. Thorsten asked the case in that the package was imported from
> fedora.us or freshrpms.net, in which the original bugzilla ticket
> does not exist.

I suppose nothing stops you from filing a new bug in order to request a
CVS change.

> Moreover, writing a request on the old bugzilla ticket changes the
> status of "Last Changed" meaninglessly, which may cause some problems
> when someone wants to use this information.

The history however keeps track of those previous states.

Can we just accept that we are limited by the current tools?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/PackageDatabase
Please use your ideas of what the process needs and contribute to the
design and implementation of the Package Database project.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com