RATIFIED: CVS Admin with Flags (Version 4)

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Feb 20 19:15:50 UTC 2007

On Dienstag 20 Februar 2007, Warren Togami wrote:
> Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > On Monday 19 February 2007, Warren Togami wrote:
> >> More Branches on Existing Packages
> > rather not receive...
>
> Somebody asking to change the owner of a package shouldn't be visible to
> everyone else?  I believe it should.

Why not keep sending it to fedora-extras-commits at redhat.com like it was done
before and also notify the previous owner/comaintainers and e-mail address in
case of changes? Why are changes to owners.list not sent to
fedora-extras-commits at redhat.com anymore?

> Even if this not ideal, this sucks a LOT less than the previous process.
>   Using the Wiki for workflow management was just horrible.  Separate
> authentication system, poor tracking of who did what, completely
> decoupled from the Bugzilla tickets they were referring to, requiring
> more work in reading context before approving a request.  We will NOT
> move back to using the Wiki for a purpose like that.

When you want to use Bugzilla, why not create a Product "CVS Staff" with the
same Components (Packages) as Extras/Core and manage CVS requests there? Then
you have everything you need but do not need to add unrelated information to
the review tickets. Afaics you do not even need flags anymore because the CVS
staff can query for new tickets, to see what needs to be done.

Regards,
Till