Rawhide stability

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Feb 21 21:23:42 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 16:08:46 Andrew Overholt wrote:
> I look forward to people's thoughts on these issues.

People should do some testing with their packages. It should install with
no %post errors at a minimum. It should not cause avcs when installing, it
should have files in state that selinux agrees with, and not create
files/directories on install that are not listed in the manifest. These can
easily all be checked.

Maybe we should have some tests run after a build against the new package? The
above problems are not specific to any one package and easily scripted.

Other than that, I hate to see any restrictions on rawhide.

-Steve