Rawhide stability

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Thu Feb 22 10:04:16 UTC 2007

Hi.

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:26:09 -0500, Deji Akingunola wrote:

> In my experience, rawhide is most (>95%) of the time usable, although
> it is more often non-installable due to package dependencies issues.
> I've been using rawhide on one of my systems since FC5 era.

I have to second that. I am running rawhide on my desktop and my notebook
since the RH9->FC1 transistion, and I would not do that if the systems were
not usable most of the time. Stuff breaks, of course, I had to recover from
bad kernels and/or bad glibcs, but that's life in rawhide.

I can not speak about the installability of rawhide, as I quite seldom
do that.